Thursday, December 9, 2010

60 loving years

on sunday we celebrated with my grandparents 60 amazing years together! it was such a beautiful celebration filled with wonderful friends, family, good food and music. we all got dressed up for the occasion and headed out to the san ramon country club.

aren't they the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



my grandparents are pretty amazing people! they are both from the yucatan where they met working at a bank and where they feel in love. they got married had my uncle and aunt moved to illionis where my grand father went to school for engineering. they lived there for a while, picked up and moved to california where they had my mom and have lived in california ever since. they have worked so hard to provide for our family and to this day they are still going! my gandfather is a brillent engineer and my grandmother is a whizz at #'s and is the MOST AMAZING COOK!!!! which reminds me i need to make copies of her recipes! these two amazing people are a huge inspiration to me and i wouldn't be the same without them. they have done so much for me and my family and i am so grateful for them. i love them so much!!!

there was even a mariachi band!
xo,
cb

15 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooo awesome! Congrats to your wonderful grandparents! Very inspiring and encouraging for love's sake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! My grandparent's celebrated their 65th this summer. Its such a blessing to have strong relationships in our lives to aspire towards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful! to be in love for all those years! may those years pass on to you and the mister too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so wonderful & a beautiful story, congratulations to them both (my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary this year - my Dad's an engineer & the hubby is too).

    I think it's inspiring. You two look gorgeous (LOVE your dress!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are too cute, i hope my husband and i are still going strong at their age :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute!! and you look awesome in that dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your grandparents! I wish the same happiness to you and your special one!
    p.s. - you are gorgeous in that dress!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look gorgeous and I love your hair!
    And big congratulations to your grandparents too! They look lovely together. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Also, how gorgeous and glam is your grandma?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! Your wonderful comments about your grandparents make me think of mine :)
    Such a nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome! My mom's parents celebrated 50 years shortly before my grandad passed away, and it was a really special celebration! I LOVE your dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it would be best if I just listed things out..

    First, your dress is absolutely beautiful!

    Second, your grandparents look so cute dancing together. You are so lucky to have them in your life. I lost mine already, but I think about them every day, and so much of my grandma has rubbed off on me and my mom and sister; it's like she is still around.

    Third, I'll be waiting for those promised recipes. ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to them! I love a good love story.

    I also LOVE your dress! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, your grandparents are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb