Monday, February 28, 2011

rearranging

i hope everyone had a great weekend! ours was pretty mellow but i enjoyed it soo much! the mister and i have been talking for some time about moving our desk out into the living room where there is great light and this weekend we did the big move!  we had been using the kitchen table to do our work and not using the desk and it got really annoying having to consistently move our stuff when we were going to eat. now the kitchen table can actually just be a kitchen table and the desk can actually be used for what we bought it for!
rosie's favorite chair!
the paper cut out of the french couple is an original design by the mister and finally it went up!
i love how much light the desk gets and that i have two windows to look out of..really the main thing is the light which these pictures just don't do justice! i felt so productive on sunday and got sooo much sewing done! i am just so thrilled to not have to work in a cave anymore... speaking of cave....the area where the desk was is now our reading lair...perfect for reading or farting around on the internet!

this is for you kalyah!
the reading lair is not finished yet....we jimmy rigged the side table and we really don't like that lamp so we headed out to the thrift store to find some things for our new reading lair but we didn't find anything that suited our fancy but we did find a really awesome afghan for our orange velvet swivel chair and a super awesome camera strap for my minolta hi-matic! i am so happy with it and i just love the colors!

the search will continue for the perfect reading lamp and side table but for now i am so happy with our little reading lair and desk!

what were you up to this weekend?

xo,
cb

13 comments:

  1. we had a quiet weekend ourselves in prep for next week's London trip :)

    LOVE the desk setup and your new reading nook, very cosy, & how lovely to have specific areas - I too end up on the dining table at the mo. and what great natural light too.

    Fab photo of Rosie, LOVE the mister's french couple, and what a great camera strap & afghan. Sounds like a wonderful weekend - I LOVE getting the house sorted. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I love it all. I need a desk in our dining room/sitting room area, so that I'm not using the dining table too! And I love the reading lair! I have a sweet spot in mind for a reading lair, but at the moment it is the toy corner! Oh well, in a few years time maybe! I love your book shelf it is awesome! I've been nursing a cold this weekend, so hopefully next weekend will be better, although I did get quite a lot of knitting done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your home, CB! It looks pretty and cosy. And I see a little kitty who is growing!! I hope she is not tearing up the place like ours is....oh and I think I spy a UK flag? Nice work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is a productive weekend, now I feel like a lazy goon. The lighting by your desk now looks nice, it so nice to have a window nearby...i think it gives you more energy. Your new camera strap is totally cool. Oh and the term "farting around the internet" just shows why you are so RAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an adorable/cozy/sweet/wonderful home you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks so cozy! I love your reading lair and how comfy that chair looks. Does your cat not go for the cuckoo clock at all? I've always wanted to have one up, but just know my cats would destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your set up looks fantastic, so cozy and inviting! and I spy with my little eye a little turquoise bird! he looks super happy perched in your new creative space! yay!
    ~ab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, beautiful cuckoo clock!! ;)

    Your home looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful home! I absolutely love the photo of your cat in the chair! :) I really like your decorating style and the colours in your home!

    xo L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosie looks so regal in her chair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first photo with your cat sitting at the desk is so freakin adorable. Your blog's freakin adorable too--glad to see someone who loves colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb