Thursday, July 28, 2011

shop update shout out and a sneak peak!

hi everyone! happy thursday. over the weekend i did a mini photo shoot of my most recent animal portraits. my cousin has a really nice camera and has a little set up his in garage so i took advantage of it. i think i did a good job as i know nothing really about taking pictures and lighting. it was fun picking out the items around our house for the shot.

my shop has been updated and here are the newest additions! let me introduce to you once again....

 mr. beaumont

a fickle creature mr. beaumont is and a bit of a hermit but he loves the company of his long time friends, a good glass of wine and a good book. he enjoys his solitude in the comfort of his house nestled in the forest of the redwoods. he thought it high time that he commission a portrait to show his true side, humble and sweet.

miss charollete

shy as a tulip but fast as a whip miss charollete embraces her femininity. she loves to spend summer days frolicking amongst the the high grass wearing her prettiest dresses. mother hates it when she comes home with grass stains and burrs in her fur.

mr. stumpleton

rhythm in his bones and a constant tapping of his feet mr. stumpleton plays a mean beat. born into rhythm in blues he knows how to sweep the ladies off their feet and make them wanna swing their hips. be careful, he has a way with words that will make you blush.


also i extended the sale on all clothing until the summer. get it while you still can!!

i have been working away like a crazy lady on my new collection and feeling really inspired and all around giddy about my new collection. i have been showing sneak peaks all week on twitter so some of you have seen other designs. i am working on a name for it as i am not happy with the one i keep calling. it will come, i know it will. oh and as you can see i am also doing come blog redesign too! i think i am a workaholic but loving life!

it is a bit different than my other treasures but i am happy to head in a different direction with my jewelry. any feed back you have for me is very much appreciated!! thanks tons!

xo,
cb

20 comments:

  1. I love all the little back stories! So adorable! You have so many awesome things in your shop, how could I ever choose one!? That necklace is really pretty! Keep up the amazing work! :) -Lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the new necklace - it makes your boobs look awesome! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart those little guys! You should make up whole stories about them :) Like, I kind of want two of them to fall in love. I don't care which two. :) I am loading up my Etsy shop this weekend and as soon as I make a sale or two I am going shopping in your store! I am excited to see your jewelry collection too. I go wild and crazy over wild and crazy necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new necklaces!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! oh these are adoreable! i'm off to visit your store right now! (i'm new to etsy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are unbelievably talented, kiki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little stories you have for each animal portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beyond cuteness !!!

    http://fashionandcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that necklace does make your boobs look awesome, way to be on the ball Alicia. I also like HazelandMare's idea of coming up with short stories about each character... maybe they could be characters for a childrens book? So yeah I have no opinions of my own today, I just stole everyone elses....dont judge me

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos look GREAT! You did an awesome job, especially considering you aren't an experienced photographer. You should be so proud :) I like to think my photos were a bit of inspiration. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so talented! Would you consider doing a trade ever? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new paintings are ADORABLE! Love the little stories you have about each one too :) And I am excited to see everything from your new line! I love this necklace. I like to paint a lot of patterns and geometric shapes, so I am liking this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, I'm obsessed. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your animal portraits are the sweetest. That necklace has an edgy 80s feel to it and i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are FANTASTIC! I love love love the stories you put with them, it really makes their sweet faces come to life! And, the blog design is awesome, loving the header and background, so whimsy!

    xo Shannon

    PS: When we make our way toward CA let's be camping buddies :] And if you end up our way, we'll take you to one of our favorite spots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man do I love your portraits!! I think their bios are amazingly awesome! I need to get a job so I can buy lots of them. Hopefully I'll find one when we get back to Idaho. I haven't really been looking THAT hard for the last month because I knew we were going out of town for a week and that's kind of awkward to be like, "hi, you just hired me but I need a week off, k thanks." :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw these on Twitter and thought they were adorable! I love the new site layout, too - very summery! :D

    Cassie // Coffee & Chopsticks

    ReplyDelete
  18. my heart belongs to mr. beaumont...i hope he sticks around long enough for me to adopt him ;)

    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pictures are adorable, especially the sweet little frames ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. fantastic photos, great job, and just love the new necklace xox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb