Friday, November 25, 2011

its in the details #3

happy friday and post thanksgiving everyone! i hope you all stuffed yourself silly. today i am permanently sitting on the couch for the next 24 hours and rubbing my food baby belly. here today is jordan from trailer gypsy  to share with you a little detail!

I saw this painting in a piazza in Rome on the second day of a trip to Europe to celebrate my mom and Aunt's 50th birthdays and I knew I just had to have it. I haggled with the street vendor/artist for a little while and then he rolled the painting up and off I went. Little did I realize at the time that it was too long to fit in my luggage and I'd end up carrying that thing all over Italy and then in France as well. It was the only thing I felt really connected to on that trip and is pretty much the only souvenir I returned with. My brother had it wet mounted for me for Christmas one year and that painting has gone with me to every crappy little apartment I've lived in the last 5 years. The reason the painting means so much to me is that it reminds me of my family and the nice things we do for each other. Right now I have it propped up against the wall, atop a little red table that we use as a catch-all. Everyday as I head out the door I pass my painting and am so thankful to have such an amazing family.

thanks jordan for sharing with us!
xo,
cb

1 comment:

  1. this painting is amazing. at first i thought it was actually a wall, like some sort of street art. what a great souvenir...one that has so many memories for you.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb