Tuesday, December 13, 2011

what i wore: back to black

speaking of back to black, did you guys hear that amy winehouse recored an album before she died and they are gonna release it? could be good, could be bad....really could go either way. aaaaanywho....black is one of the easiest things for me to throw on especially when i am feeling tired and don't want to try, this was one of those days. i am one of those people who also loves mixing black and brown.
 once the cold set in, i have become obsessed with over the knee & knee high socks. it brings me back to the 90's & clueless days, my first day of school outfit that was perfectly cher, white knee high socks, a white skirt and some kind of top....my memory is getting fuzzy.
i thought i would include this one because it looks like i am singing you all a little song while i put my jacket on..thanks tom!
my olive colored tights are also quickly becoming another favorite, i feel a bit like the wicked witch of the west but i can totally dig that. i now can not leave the house without one of my huge circle scarfs and gloves. the one i am wearing is a recent purchase from that girl crochet. it is the perfect length and so so soft. me loves it :) oh and by the way my boots are from target :)

xo,
cb





17 comments:

  1. I think the photo of you looking like you're singing is probably the best considering the title is a Amy Winehouse reference. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Lovely! Black and brown are awesome together. I have a belt just like that. My mister also takes candid shots when he is taking outfit shots and I like to include them...sometimes haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this outfit - it looks so amazing. I especially love the over the knee socks - that's one 90's trend I don't mind returning:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've been playing the new Amy songs on the radio here in the UK and they're pretty good, real 60s stuff. She did an awesome duet with Tony Bennet! It doesn't sound as slick as 'Back to Black' but I guess they didn't spend as much time on it. I think the proceeds are going to charity as well, so I'll definitely buy it when it comes out!

    PS: I always mix black and brown - makes it a little less office-like and more casual, which I'm all about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that dress, and it's always funny seeing the outtakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look on you... I like your heart necklace, too! Crochet scarves are the best! I have some alpaca wool yarn that I am hoping to crochet into a scarf for myself.

    Your last picture is very saucy... very sexy ;) Is that a velvet blazer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! It is definitely something I would wear =) And I love Amy Winehouse! lol I saw a cd in stores of hers I think it is the new one because I have the old one of hers and its a different cover. I can't wait to hear it

    http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i should start doing outfit posts on pauvre so people can see what happens when i don't feel like trying... not safe for work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with tis outfit!! You look lovely {as usual}.
    I heard about the album, yet no word on when it's coming out. Let me know if you find out. -xx-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god you are so so gorgeous in these photos! Well, obviously you're always gorgeous, but like I said--there's something glorious about you lately! This outfit is perfection. So much perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit! I really dig your dress I just love stripes. Plus those boots are so awesome :) Just this outfit in general is great.


    xo Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY SMOKES GORGEOUS!
    love your dress! also pretty much the the whole outfit actually! Oh and your lipstick what colour!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black and brown has got to be my favorite color combo too...I'm wearing it today, in fact! That dress is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. black and brown go so well together. I dont know why people think they clash. Oh I remember my Clueless fondly. I wore a plaid skirt and navy sweater with knee socks and even had one of those furry pens. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit! Especially your boots + socks and your scarf, looks fab!

    Ngaio May xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure so many people we'll be downloading her album once it's release. I sure will give it a go. I love the dress with those boots and that lovely velvet blazer. I almost bought a merlot colored blazer but it didn't fit right. I love the last pic lady you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make me want to ride a bike! Those boots/socks/tights are the cutest combo.
    Your 'do is also super cute.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb