Thursday, April 26, 2012

happy little things #11

breakfast. b.r.e.a.k.f.a.s.t. one of the greatest things on the earth and you know they don't call it the most important meal of the day for nothing and lets face it, it pretty much is. if  i could get my lazy butt out of bed a bit earlier each day i would make myself a nice big ol' breakfast but since i am lazy i don't and this makes me sad but what can you do....what i can tell you is that i cherish the weekends when tom and i splurge and go out and eat a delicious morning meal!
the other weekend, we decided to try a new place and man oh man did it not disappoint! we did a bit of research and made sure we got there early as the place fills up after 10am, thankfully we got there around 9 and we were seated right away, it was awesome and it pleased me.
the restaurant which was called, brown sugar kitchen, is known for their chicken and waffles which is a favorite of toms. as for the icing on top of this wonderful place, they had cheese grits. now, some of you that have been reading for a bit. know, that i love me some good ol' grits!
tom and i really didn't need to read the menu as we were drooling over it the night before so we ordered right away and man oh, man oh man! the food was AMAZING! the best waffles, hands down i have EVER had and the chicken and waffles were out of this world. as the for the grits, i was pretty much in grits heaven! they were creamy and cheesy and just perfect to the very last morsel. tom had to stop me from licking my plate.

are you hungry yet?

xo,
cb

19 comments:

  1. Gotta love breakfast! It's definitely my favourite meal of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for extravagant breakfast! Chicken and waffles sounds RIGHT up my street! I've had grits explained to me many times but I still can't quite get my head around what they are...I'll just have to get over to the States to try some inreal life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you need to come and we could eat grits together!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Chicken and waffles are the best. THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good lord that looks delicious! I'm super hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmmm its always nice to have good food when you go out, otherwise you feel cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the inspiration, i'm definitely going this saturday! i love finding those treasures in oakland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me how you like it!!! Hope you get the chicken and waffles

      Delete
  7. oh goodness! fried chicken and waffles are the best! Such a yummy breakfast. we often cook in for dinner and go out to breakfast so these dishes are right up our alley. josh is from the south and love loves grits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grits are the best! Does he eat them with sugar? I have heard a lot of people eat them that way. Im kinda curious!

      Delete
  8. i've lived in the south all my life and just realized i love cheese grits so much! my grandpa makes them every christmas morning and for some reason i would never try them. until now. and i am obsessed! and dang that waffle looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i am totally obssessed with them too! When we moved to the city we live in, we found a great place to get breakfast and was super happy that they just started serving grits!

      Delete
  9. hee hee, could just picture you trying not to lick the plate :D breakfast really can be the best meal of the day, & this sounds amazing. Sadly we hardly ever have breakfast together, & nearly always on the go; & let's face it, few places near where I live do anything decent for brekkie (cept for the usual full english, yuck)!
    Which is why I LOVE it when we're in the states, we always take time to find somewhere for breakfast & it's always amazing, Hubby's fave is corned beef hash; I'm more a granola, yoghurt, fruit gal, but it's always sooo great xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove brekkie! I have never heard of cheese grits or the combination of chicken and waffle but it looks amazing! Especially the grit thingy! :) I am definitely hungry although I just had lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had grits in FOREVER. They are pretty much a staple in the South though. I should make some soon! I've never heard of people putting chicken and waffles together! So funny...seems like a decent combo though.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb