Monday, July 12, 2010

a shop update shout out!

just updated my etsy shop, citybirds with some new charm owl earrings! since this is my very first post about my shop i thought i would tell a little about it...i started my etsy store while still in college... stopped adding to my shop due to an overwhelming amount of homework and finals and just recently got back into what i love and who i am...being creative! i dabble in a bunch of different mediums from drawing patterns, painting, jewelry making and just recently sewing...this is all very hard while working full time but i make it work...if it is your dream one must follow it...but what started citybirds were my cluster of retro inspired chicks!



 all are hand drawn, hand painted with acrylic and finished with a coat of varnish that is water resistant and uv protected....they always seem to make me smile whenever i see them...they look great hung in a cluster, add a great little something something to a cluttered bookshelf or are perfect for babies rooms :D

over the past months i have been working on my charm owl earrings... i love making these and hearing the clinking noise the metal charms and the porcelain owls make when put together. i can't get enough of these hand painted owls beads... they are so darn cute!!

i am very excited for my next shop update which won't be until end of july early august. still doing some finishing touches :D i decided to combine my love of thrifting and sewing into one! i have some fun ideas for my photo shoot and i am very very excited to see the outcome! here's to the wonderful world of being creative...cheers!

xo,
cb

8 comments:

  1. Maria wants to buy 3 owl earrings! I'm going to help her with it on Sunday when i see her! Look for her sale soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the earrings! I just saw you on A Beautiful Mess! I'm at www.charmed-earth.blogspot.com:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl earrings! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good on you! These are very pretty earrings. I especially like the third one...I think it's the gold ;)

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! and who doesn't love gold :) i know i do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE those chicks! Earrings, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are SO cute!

    (add to pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/171374/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow thanks Natalie! your awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb