Thursday, November 18, 2010

one down 2.5 more!

i finished my mixte embroidery! it took my a bit longer then i thought because sunday wasn't much of a craft day. it was my chichi's (grandmother in mayan) 83rd birthday on sunday so we went out to dinner to celebrate and talk about my their upcoming 60th ANNIVERSARY! i can't believe they have been married for that long and it is so excited to be able to celebrate with them. i can't wait to celebrate the misters and my 60th anniversary ;)


 when i got home from dinner i finished my embroidery but i think i need help picking the frame.  i like both but maybe leaning towards the blue frame since it matches so well....what do you guys think?



next on my list is the boy & girl...here is a little glimpse of it. the girl frame is a powder blue and the boy frame is a burnt orange...it is gonna be cute! 


i hope you all have a great weekend! i am not feeling so hot so i am going to go to bed early...we are having a couple of friends over to celebrate the mister's birthday! yiipppeee!!! and then down to business on sunday to wrap up our business plan and do some crafting!

xo,
cb

14 comments:

  1. cute cute cute! i like the colorful frames cause they pop out!

    i laughed so hard when you wrote chichi's because my brown people call "chichi's" boobs. i'm sure you know this already but i couldn't help myself. (i'm so immature!)

    what date is the misters bday cause my bf's is tomorrow?! crazy!

    good luck with the rest of your crafting and feel better lady. wellness hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blue! it's so cute!

    hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! i like the blue frame but there's something about a wood frame that just adds charm to everything. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm leaning towards the wood frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go for the blue..I think the wood frame looks a little heavy for the piece. What fabric are you stitching on? It's such a pretty design!If you lived this way we would definitely be having crafting days! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the wood frame better, i think it puts more focus on the bike where as the blue one pulls more focus to the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow sixty years, thats quite awhile. I hope I can celebrate that anniversary with my guy down the road

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ becky: i am using a linen canvas, i really LOVE it. super easy to embroidery on! oh i WISH i lived closer to you, we would have embroidery parties all the time and i would bring my kitty so she could meet your kitties and we can pretend we are 80 years old together with our kitties in our laps! hehe!

    i am so torn on the frame! aaahhh i will show the results when at the craft fair! i think procrastination will help me solve the problem!

    thanks for all the love ladies!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb