Thursday, December 1, 2011

one down two more to go!

hey everybody! hope everyone's week is going well! here is another bit of my weekend. sunday i had a craft fair in berkley at a punk rock venue put on by rock paper scissor collective. i have been to this venue before to see some punk bands. tom was in a punk band for a few years so naturally i kinda got into the music too.
we drove down from kelly-anne's house early on sunday morning and tom dropped my off and he went off to work. i was super super sad because i had left my suitcase display that i had made at her house...i may or may not have cried.....
i was sharing a table with a really awesome lady, marian whom i met through this here blog! she is a graphic designer and fellow biker and she had told me about this craft show. it was our first time meeting so of course i was nervous about meeting on top of being nervous about the show. check out marian's shop! we did a trade and i scored one of her really really cute calendars! her friend phoebe also sold some of her work too. she does great letter press work and also does custom work on her etsy shop!
it actually worked out that i didn't need the suitcase display as we were sharing a table and it wouldn't have fit. i made do with what i had and i think my table looked really cute. both marian & my table really stuck out, since it was a punk rock venue it wasn't really our target audience but we both did really really well and i was really happy with result and would totally do the show again next year!
i actually met with rock paper scissor collective and i am selling my things there! i am busting out a bunch of items and sending them a little package as you read this. i love this time of year as stressful as it might be i like being busy and feeling that my work is making other people happy.

if you missed it, my animal portaits are now for sale as prints in my shop!! i am super pumped about it! :D
xo,
cb

16 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so super cute! (and is that your car? If so, I am so jealous!!!)

    I am glad your weekend worked out! I also love the business of this time of the year! Just makes me happy :)

    Ngaio May xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! I think bpth you and Marian's work look stellar! And I totally love your outfit, so colourful and awesome! Here in England so many people always wear black and grey... boring! :)

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love craft shows and this one looks extra fun! i'm glad you had a fun day, and you were looking super cute as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh awesome! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 1. I love your outfit 2. sounds like so much fun! I actually think I gasped when I saw your outfit. :) -Lo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orange dress is too cute. Congrats on the new opportunity with rock paper scissor collective. Thats wicked exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nerve-wracking meeting ppl online. You never know what you'll get. You are awesome both in person and online! I loved your outfit. Wow, you got great photos! Mine were pretty dark and blurry. Good luck w/all the sales! I have to agree w/you. It's pretty stressful but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic! I'm glad you had a great experience and your table looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! the orange of your dress and suitcase against that blue car is a stunning combo. and your table looks so beautiful!! so glad you had so many pictures to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are p.r.e.t.t.y. and so darling! I am a new follower ;)

    Janelle
    photography4thecreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! I'm glad everything worked out so well and you made some sales! Your outfit is adorable and I'm sorry you didn't get to take your pretty suitcase. Maybe next time?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Craft fairs are the best!

    Your post/table looks great! Even without the suitcase... it's ok if you cried... or didn't cry... ;)

    I feel you on the stress... it's almost satisfactory because you are being productive, but feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the same time.

    Big ups to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your table looks awesome! glad the show was a success :) also love your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is so adorable! And your BUG!! Oh my gosh. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb