1. tattoo designs, (i have a cue of ladies lined up to do designs for, YAY, this is a good thing!)
2. wedding invitations and an assortment of other designs
3. updating and making new artwork for my shop (i do have the work i had in my show and a poppy piece that i have already taken pictures of just need to upload!)
4. making work for a show
5. business cards (i have NONE and people always ask for them)
6. wanted to re-design my blog again, to match my business cards
7. i have not gotten around to filling out the application to help at the bird sanctuary and honestly don't think i have the time to help! this makes me really sad because i really want too.
8.i have a great idea that i have already designed that is about sharing the road with bikers and i really really want to actually make it and distribute locally and on bart (the train i use to get to the city)
9. a calendar of my floral illustrations (i was working on this but have had to put it on the back burner)
10. updating my flickr portfolio with more work
i like being in control and that has been a problem for me for sometime. i get sooo caught up with getting everything done as soon as possible, like i have this invisible deadline and if things don't get done before it then everything will just go to shit. i really really need to work on letting things go and just doing one thing at a time. i have to keep telling myself that it is okay if some of these things never get done and be okay if none of them do. i think it is natural to feel this way but it is a different story to try and break that way of thinking. i know i can do it and i love being able to share it here, it does put everything in perspective and makes me look at my list and really narrow down what is more important.
a very smart co-worker of mine told me once, "work smarter not harder". keeping that motto in mind and organizing my work more, i think i can narrow some things off my list to make my life happier, fuller and more productive without feeling so overwhelmed. with keeping that idea in mind, i can check off # 4,6, 7 & 9 until i have free time. leaving a much more manageable list of things to do.
aaaaaaawwww, i feel so much better right now! it is nice to "talk" things out.