Wednesday, September 19, 2012

what i wore: a day in the sun

happy wednesday! i want to thank everyone for all the really amazing comments on my last post. i can't tell you how grateful i am to have such a great supportive group of friends and readers that i can share my tattoo journey with. thank you everyone for all the encouraging and sweet comments, you don't know how much they mean to me!
saturday tom and i ran around town got some shit done and also popped into the salvation army because they were having a 50% off sale! nothing better then that, right?  i made out with some great things but i was really excited about the rainbow pin i found and it went perfectly with my outfit that day!
after our errands, we grabbed a few beers and headed to the park next to our house and enjoyed the sun and did some people watching. it was really nice and we both needed to just relax and be in each others company. since the sun is setting earlier we are trying to take advantage of being outside as much as possible however hard that is since saturday is my only day off. hopefully soon we will be taking a much needed surfing trip! oh how i miss the water!
since i have been so busy i have brought a few items to be tailored. this skirt was one of them. i love the color so much and when i thrifted it, it was just a bit too long for my liking so when the zipper of my bridesmaid broke i brought it. if i hadn't, then this skirt would still be in the "to be fixed" pile.

detatils:
top: trifted
skirt: thrifted
pin & earrings: thrifted
shoes: lotta of stockholm

xo,

cb

23 comments:

  1. Your colourfulness is so brilliant! I love a good day of sunshine and people watching. It's freeezing weather here now though, so I shall enjoy the sun vicariously through your photos! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People watching is the best! I love being beight too, i cant help it!!
      Xo,cb

      Delete
  2. I love this fantastic colour combo - and the rainbow brooch is gorgeous too - you look so sunshiny and happy! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pin! I also really love that skirt. It's a great color and shape, and it goes well with the red striped top. Glad you had a nice day about town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pin is adorbs <3 But I actually really love that you've mixed that turquoise blue skirt and red stripes. You rarely see blue and red looking good together, but this looks fab :)

    Morgue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this color combo so much, it is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  5. I love this skirt! I have this in a darker blue and I love it! :) And your rainbow button is darling! :) If you were in MPLS I would totally let you practice on me. I could always use another tattoo. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tattoo buddy!!! That is so awesome, i love when people say that!

      Delete
  6. you are so freakn cute! You are wearing my fav color combo
    Le Teal y Le red! <3 Such an awesome combo, so vibrant!

    I covet your red shoes! I think I have been coveting them for a while now... since you first wore them in an outfit post...
    they just look so comfy!
    ok, I am off to read all that I have missed on your bloggy!

    xoxo!
    Des.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, the best color combo ever! They are so comfy, you should get them!,

      Delete
  7. I love the way the aqua color of the skirt looks with your striped top, and your pin really makes it a wonderful outfit!

    I am glad you "stopped to smell the roses", I need a day like that.

    I was trying to get more sun in today, as well. I need some extra sun in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you ned a break sweetie or better yet, a vacation!!

      Delete
  8. i love red and turquoise together - on you especially! ;D and i love that cute little pin! i'm jealous that iiiiiiii don't have a cute cloud pin like you and trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need a rainbow pin, i will keep my eyes out for you!

      Delete
  9. You're such a ray of sunshine in that outfit! I am so inspired by you following your dreams to become a tattoo artist, its so amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome outfit! I love turquoise and red combined, so fresh and cool!

    xo L

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOVE this outfit! That's one of my favorite color combos and I think I would've freaked out if I thrifted that skirt :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mix of bright colours in this outfit :)
    AND you have such sunny weather! Very jealous as I am currently getting all my knitwear together... autumn is coming! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that rainbow pin was a define score! It reminds me of rainbow brite. She was my childhood hero. Moving on. I am clearly reading your posts backwards which is why I have no idea what the first bit means but I think there is a tattoo story coming my way so I'm off to check it out. word.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is such a cute rainbow badge & a great outfit, love the turquoise with the red I've never thought to put them together before; how fab (& weird - I've never come across it before) that they were having a sale! xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh my 'to be fixed' pile is enormous!! Thinking about starting a Projects post on my blog just so I am forced to get some of it out of the way! ha. Love the red and blue colors together, reminds me of summer (which feels like so long ago for me already-sad!)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb