Wednesday, November 7, 2012

hummingbird: a tattoo design!

hello beautiful people! today i have another custom drawing for you. this was for my best friends sister. she sent me an image of a hummingbird she saw and wanted me to add some flowers around it. she is getting it on the inside of her bicep so i couldn't go too big. i ended up tweaking the hummingbird she sent me a bit so that it flowed a bit better.
she should be getting the tattoo soon and i hope her artist doesn't change too much of the design. one of the things i find hard right now is that since i am doing everything over the internet i can't proper measure people so when they do take my designs in to get tattooed there is going to be some tweaking and moving of things. most people understand that. when i start tattooing myself that won't be an issue anymore :) i have a few updates about that, which i will post about soon. i am so excited! i am improving each time which instead of being hard on myself i am encouraging myself and able to see the improvements rather then see the negative. i think as an artist that can be really hard. either way i am happy and keeping my chin up!
xo,
cb

14 comments:

  1. so the boyf is leaning over my shoulder and his very words upon seeing your design were "that's cool!" and girl i love what you created here too, fab work. the lines and intricacy are perfectly balanced. you see the image but it also has the loveliest scrolling effect. too rad! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty design- love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've created another stellar design. I hope we get to see the final product inked her your sisters bestie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant bestie's sister, whoops

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I think your tattoo images are FANTASTIC!

    It's soo good that you take your experiences as something positive and to learn from. I really admire you for that. I wish I could do that.

    xoxoxoxox!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this beautiful design! It reminds me of the beautiful wrought iron scrolly birds that you would occasionally see on security screens on old houses... I love those! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Definitely keep that chin up sweetie, and try not to be too hard on yourself, you're a truly talented artist and the more you do the easier it'll get, til one day you won't even think about it xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is GORGEOUS! I always love your flower designs...you really have a knack for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty, pretty! i can't wait to see her finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cute! love the blog girl! can't wait to read more!

    ps: if ya want to help a sista out, please enter the giveaway i have going on! it's super cute! :) have a great weekend!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hummingbird is gorgeous!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! It must feel so good to come up with original designs that will permanently take shape on someone's body. Kudos lady and chin up is right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful. You are so talented it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i had some tattooing done this weekend and i was thinking of you! i'm so excited for you and i would like several cb tattoos! <3

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! it fills me with joy that you have taken the time to stop by!
xo,
cb